REASONS FOR THE BOYCOTT
"My visit to the Holy Land shook me deeply. It reminded me strongly of what happened to us blacks in South Africa. I lived the humiliation of Palestinians at checkpoints and roadblocks: the Palestinians suffer as we suffer when young policemen white kept us from getting from one place to another "
South African cleric and Nobel Peace Prize in 1984
CAMPAIGN BDS (Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions) against the State of Israel
It is a campaign promoted and encouraged by the Palestinian civil society since 2005. It was supported by political parties, unions, associations, coalitions and Palestinian organizations, under the civil society representation to Palestinian refugees, Palestinians under the occupation and Palestinian citizens of Israel.
The boycott in Euskadi
- Public rejection of the presence in our territory of any group, organization, institution, company, sports equipment, musical or cultural group from Israel.
- Denounce active entities, companies and Basque groups or settlements in our territory that maintain relations with the State of Israel.
- Rejection of all consumer products, cultural, entertainment or any other type of source or consolidate Israeli Occupation of Palestine.
- Require the Spanish Government to cease trade relations with Israel.
- Require the suspension of the Association Agreement between the EU and Israel based on Israel's violation of those principles.
Results of BDS Campaign
Social movements and international organizations launched a campaign against VEOLIA to block the construction of a tramway in East Jerusalem. Thanks to the work of international solidarity groups, the company abandoned the project. It is the first convincing and overwhelming victory of the global movement for BDS in the field of corporate responsibility and ethical compliance.
Report about the results of the BDS Campaign